What is a Mastermind Group and Why Would I Join?
Napoleon Hill introduced the concept of the Mastermind group in his timeless classic, “Think and Grow Rich.” He defined the Mastermind group principle as: “The coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony.” He continues…“No two minds ever come together without thereby creating a third, invisible intangible force, which may be likened to a third mind [the master mind].”
When executed well, a Mastermind experience will provide these benefits:
- A confidential, candid environment for unfiltered sharing. Leaders need a completely safe, non-judgmental group of peers who will provide personal perspectives and experiences.
- Focus and Consistency. Business success is built upon a foundation of focus and consistency – repeatable habits that lead to a clearly identified goal. Knowing that you need to show up with the same peers regularly keeps you focused on moving forward.
- Breakthroughs. The Mastermind format provides each member the opportunity to present their obstacles, and then receive actionable feedback that produces results. Masterminding goes beyond sharing and brainstorming to drive breakthrough growth.
- Connection. The connection that develops among Mastermind members results in a support system that leaders need to move through difficulty, take risks, and push themselves in a way they can’t push themselves when they weather growth alone.
- Resources. All Mastermind participants bring their own networks, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives to the entire group.
- Synergy. The definition of synergy is: “combined effort being greater than parts: the working together of two or more people, organizations, or things, especially when the result is greater than the sum of their individual effects or capabilities.” The integration of the individual members creates an entity far more powerful than any one member who stands alone.
Successful Culture launches Mastermind Groups for entrepreneurs, CEOs, and executives who want to move their life to the next level of growth.
Marissa is a Certified Mastermind Facilitator, and holds a M.A in HR & OD Development. She is also a member of a quarterly mastermind group with 5 other highly accomplished leaders,and knows firsthand the power and impact that an effective mastermind group can have personally and professionally.
Marissa will use a train-the-trainer model to teach all mastermind group members how to facilitate and engage in the mastermind experience. She will equip your mastermind group with the rules, tools, processes, and structure you need to run and sustain a highly effective mastermind group.
Are you ready to create your own self-moderated mastermind group of leaders you have personally vetted and selected? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.