Looking to provide an engaging, results-driven educational event for your company or leadership organization? Engage Marissa! She offers numerous interactive workshops for companies and for organizations that create leadership communities, including Chambers of Commerce, Incubators, and entrepreneurial organizations such as EO and YPO. A sampling of workshops is provided below. Marissa can customize a workshop for your audience as well.
Marissa is also a sought-after keynote speaker on topics related to entrepreneurship, general leadership, women’s leadership, branding, mindset, organizational culture, building a bootstrapped business, work-life integration, cultivating resilience, and personal reinvention.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a workshop or speaking engagement today.
Own Your Outcome: Defining Success On Your Own Terms
There is greatness in every one of us. The first step to seizing our greatness is to adapt a Mindset of Achievement, and to believe that we have the capacity & access to all of the resources we need to achieve it.
In this motivational and compelling keynote, I share the ten essential tenets for seizing our greatness and defining success on our terms. All attendees will leave with a blueprint for their own path to building the life they dream.
Creating a Culture of Communication & Accountability
Accountability is the foundation for all personal and professional growth within an organization. It is also the flip-side of Empowerment. How can business leaders empower their employees to take ownership for their outcomes, and to responsibly set the direction of the organization? They institute a culture of accountability by creating an environment based on trust, communication, and sensible risk-taking.
This session will teach the following:
- The importance of a core values system when instituting accountability
- 10 ways to lose the trust and respect of your employees
- The three mistakes leaders make while trying to institute accountability
- 4 steps to bring back the trust & respect, and integrate accountability into your culture
- How to successfully role-model accountability for your organization
- The difference between “achieving results” and “doing your job”
Creating Meaningful Connections in the Digital Age
In this content-packed program, participants will learn how technology & online communications have created both opportunities and risks for employers and employees. Leaders will learn how to accommodate 5 generations of workers, capitalize on various communications styles, and implement policies to protect their businesses against inappropriate & harmful online communications activities. The program includes the following topics:
- Painting the Picture: The State of Today’s Workforce
- Generational changes
- The Impact of Technology on Communications In the Workplace
- The Pros and Cons of Online Communications In the Workplace
- The HR & Legal Implications of Technology in the Workplace
- Setting Technology Communications Policies in the Workplace
- Essential Rules for Emailing, Texting, and Using Social Media Platforms at Work
Leveraging Communities of Interest To Drive Growth
We become the people that surround us, so we must choose our communities and peers carefully. In addition, time is today’s most valuable currency, so we must be intentional and thoughtful regarding where and how we spend our time. This presentation will educate attendees on the importance of wisely investing time & energy in the right professional communities that are directly aligned with our personal & professional goals. Attendees will learn strategies to maximize their engagement in communities of influence, and ensure a strong ROI (return on investment) and ROH (return on heartbeat) with their involvement. Topics include:
- The Importance of Communities of Interest
- Types of Communities of Interest
- How to Choose Communities of Interest: Content, Context, Connections, Contributions
- How to Maximize & Leverage Your Communities of Interest
- Mistakes to Avoid with Your Communities of Interest
The Seven Secrets to a Successful Company Launch
In this highly engaging workshop, participants will learn the seven essential building blocks for launching a company. By the conclusion of our time together, all leaders and their supporting executives will be able to go back to their organizations and evaluate which building blocks are missing, which need to be strengthened, and which ones are working.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate your Value System, Mission Statement, and Vision Statement
- Answer the question, “What is my company purpose?”
- Identify their market niche
- Create a preliminary customer profile
- Evaluate their sales model for profitability
- Create a first-round list of company core values
- Identify their “low-hanging fruit”
- Create a first-round list of advisors/experts to help them move forward
Master Your Mindset, Master Your Life
Our mindset is the single most important tool in our toolbox of growth. It can be our most powerful asset — or our most powerful liability — depending on how we apply it. In this engaging and introspective program, participants embark on a journey of self-discovery and learn how to shift from a Fixed Mindset to a Growth Mindset. It leads participants through the 10 pillars of a Mindset of Achievement, and asks them to evaluate how these pillars manifest in their lives. This workshop is ideal for anyone who is committed to personal growth.
Using the provided workbook, participants will conduct a detailed self-assessment of how these pillars show up in their daily thoughts, actions, and beliefs. Participants will learn the strategies to integrate the pillars so that they move from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Define the characteristics of a Fixed Mindset and a Growth Mindset
- Evaluate themselves against the 10 pillars presented in the workshop
- Apply specific strategies to adopt a Mindset of Growth and Achievement
Achieving Peak Productivity: Time Management, Energy Management, & Prioritization
We all have a limited number of hours in the day, and so many of us confuse “busy” with “productive.”
In this interactive workshop, participants learn:
- 10 time management strategies that they can implement immediately to free up time, and maximize the time they have
- 5 energy management strategies to maximize their energy flow, and also control the effects that the energy from others has on their productivity
- 4 prioritization strategies to help participants focus on their most important tasks that yield the highest return on investment
- Strategies for creating realistic goals with firm deadlines, a strong circle of influence, and a mindset of achievement
- Additional productivity hacks to make your work environment as productive as possible
Participants receive a workbook to create their own strategies and track their productivity progress.
Power Through the Pain: Ten Strategies of Resilience to Keep Going
Developing resilience and “grit” is the single most important skill set for everyone that wants to achieve their greatest potential. How do we do that? In this interactive workshop, participants learn how to develop ten strategies to help them moving forward with life tries to keep them down. These strategies apply to both personal and professional situations. The 8 primary strategies are:
- Future-focused patience
- Resistance to drama
- The web of influence
- Pursuit of happiness
The two remaining transformational strategies are disclosed in the workshop.
Using the provided workbook, participants will explore how these strategies currently show up in their lives, and will commit to an action plan to shift to a mindset of strength and resilience to move forward through their most pressing challenges in their lives today.
Building a Powerful Personal Brand
Your personal brand is your biggest competitive differentiator. It is precisely what sets you apart in a sea of “also’s.”
In this interactive workshop, participants learn:
- What a personal brand is
- The elements of a personal brand (tangible and intangible; overt and subtle)
- Why a powerful personal brand is so integral to professional success
- How to Discover the attributes of their own personal brand
- How to Define and assemble the attributes so that they integrate as a clear, compelling, consistent personal brand
- How to Deliver a personal brand in today’s complex communications world
- How to use social media wisely to promote and protect your personal brand
Using the provided workbook, participants will construct all of the elements needed to define their personal brand, and will create a basic communications strategy to deliver their brand to the world.
Constructing & Communicating Your Company’s Values, Mission, and Vision
Every company needs a solid foundation that supports them during growth. In this interactive workshop, participants will create their organization’s core value system (their moral compass/how they operate), their mission statement (why they exist), and their vision statement (where they are going). They will leave this workshop with these elements complete.
Note: Due to the high level of one-on-one instructor engagement required for each participant, student enrollment is capped at 10. In addition, to protect the integrity of the information that participants will share, we can only allow participation from one company per industry.
Mission Mapping: Engaging Your Leadership Throughout Your Company
Looking to create a culture of empowerment & ownership in your organization, and connect your leadership team to your organization’s mission? It doesn’t happen naturally. Creating ownership requires a shift in both mindset and behavior. Successful Culture’s MissionMapping™ program educates your leadership team on the concepts of culture, values-based leadership, mission & vision, accountability, and intentional goal-setting.
Using a proprietary toolset, we guide leaders through the process of creating their own mission statements as they relate to their corporate missions. The end result is a dramatic shift in ownership for individual and departmental outcomes, which translates into intentional goal setting and bottom line results.
Here are some of the takeaways & lessons learned from recent MissionMapping™ participants:
- “I learned that by creating a departmental mission statement, I can empower my people to take action, instead of having them wait for my approval to move forward.”
- “I learned that when we start with the “why” behind our actions, we can tie our goals to the overarching goals of the organization.”
Contact Successful Culture today to schedule a 15-minute call to learn how MissionMapping™ can take your leadership team and their direct reports to the next level.
Building a Successful Advisory Board Using the SCALE™ Model
Creating a community of support and influence is one of the most effective strategies for growing a business. In today’s challenging environment, it is important to be aligned with an effective and motivated advisory board to help weather the storms and exceed your goals.
In this interactive workshop, business owners and their executives learn how to apply the SCALE™ Model to strategically select, compensate, associate, and leverage advisory boards for breakthrough growth.
This program will guide participants on:
- How to Select who you need to get your business from where it is now to where you want it to be while enabling you to develop exceptional leadership skills
- How to Compensate your advisors (monetary, non-monetary and types of equity-based compensation)
- How to Associate them into your organization with an effective change of management strategy
- How to Leverage your advisors for business development, networking, process development & more
- How to constantly Evaluate and Evolve the board as your organization grows
- How to Exit advisors when they no longer fit.
It will also explain the fundamentals, including the differences between a Board of Advisors and Board of Directors, the connection between corporate culture and an advisory board, diversity and boards, and consultants versus advisors.
All participants receive a copy of Marissa’s best-selling book, “Built to SCALE™: How Top Companies Create Breakthrough Growth Through Exceptional Advisory Boards” as well as all of the templates/worksheets in MS Word.
If you are a Professional Services firm that serves CEOs, you have the opportunity to create Client Dedication through Relevant Education. Please download more information about our SCALE™ Workshops and bring together your clients for a morning or afternoon of learning and networking.